MARKET REPORT – Melbourne Sale M45

06/05/2020

On a similar selection to yesterday with Best, Good-Best and Good topmakers in 17.0.u-21.5u, a reasonable large selection of Prem shorn types, but an improved selection of below 17.5u in all types, the market continues the downward trend. There was a slightly improved competition by Techwool, PJM,Tianyu,AME,Fox , Natsun and United Wool in the Flc , but the market still retreated.
Todays passed in rate in the Flc was 23.5% combined with the withdrawn before the sale of 15% represents the almost usual expectation of 38.5% not selling.

Best Merino skirtings finer than 18.5mic with less than 3% vm opened firm/unchanged and then started to ease in the second half to close 10/15ac cheaper. 19.0 to 20.5mic pcs/bls with less than 4% closed 15/20ac cheaper. Poorer style and higher VM skirtings closed 40/50ac cheaper with limited competition from the topmakers again today.

Prems/Lambs in the 42-44HM range closed 10/15ac cheaper in a small offering. 46-52HM types closed 15/20ac cheaper. Odd lots CM/NM 10/15ac cheaper.

FLEECE

15.5u – spinners – no selection
– best style – no selection
– best/good – no selection
– poor types – minus 80ac

16.0u – spinners – no selection
– best style – minus 30ac
– best/good – minus 30/40ac
– poor types –minus 20ac

16.5u – spinners – no selection
– best style – firm – very small selection
– best/good style – minus 20/30ac
– poor types – minus 20/30ac

17.0u – spinners – no selection
– best style – firm
– best/good style – minus 40ac
– poor types – minus 10/20ac

17.5u – spinners – no selection
– best style – no selection
– best/good style –minus 30/40ac
-Poor style – minus 10/20ac

18.0u – spinner & best types – no selection
– best/good types – no selection
– Good style – minus 20/30ac
– poor types – minus 10/20ac

18.5u – best types – no selection
– best/good types – irregular
– good types – minus 20/30ac
– poor types – minus 20ac

19.0u – best/good types – minus 30/40ac
– poor types – minus 30/40ac

19.5u – best/good types – minus 30ac
– poor types – minus 10/20ac

20.0/20.5u – FNF sound types –minus 10/20ac
– Poorer types – minus 10/20ac

21.0/21.5u – FNF sound types – minus 10/20ac
– Poorer types – minus 10ac

COMP. China

SKIRTINGS –

Best Length/Low VM types 16.5u/17.5u – 15/20ac cheaper
18.5u/19.5u – 10/15ac cheaper

Low VM poor types – 16.5u/17.5u – 30/40ac cheaper
18.0u/18.5u – 25/30ac cheaper
19.0u/20.5u – 20/25ac cheaper

High VM types – 16.5u and finer – no selection
17.0/18.5u – 40/50ac cheaper
19.0/20.0u – 30/40ac cheaper

Prems – 16.0/ 17.0u – 10/15ac cheaper
17.5 / 18.5u – 15/20ac cheaper
19.0 / 20.0u – 25/30ac cheaper

COMP. China